Sunday, January 4, 2009

Stock in BSE or SENSEX

Some times some of my friends ask some questions like how many stocks are there in BSE or SENSEX. How they are classified? How many stocks are active generally? How to track the stocks & etc…

So here is the answer for them. According to recent (Friday closing) BSE sources there are 6068 stock in the SENSEX and out them only 2981 are traded actively. Below is the detailed list of stocks wherein in which group, how many stocks are there & how many stocks are there active.



And about the groups A, B, S, T, TS & Z I have already posted in my previous postings, I think in the month of July. So you can refer for that. And stocks in these groups vary according to their trading, price, market capitalization and many other factors. Recently in this above list SEBI has transferred many stocks to B from Z category due to BLOODSHED in the market which induced the price discovery in the many stocks.

And about the tracking the stocks, I can say its individual perception. How you want to trade/invest. So I can’t generalize the things. I can only say go on reading and develop the passion for the same, and then you will find out your tracking system.

No comments: