Friday, November 28, 2008

Why US $ is Appreciating Against Indian Rs. Despite Present Financial Crisis

Couple of days back, Tenzin asked me why Indian Rs. is depreciating with respect to US $ and not against the UK Pound that too when US is the center of the crisis. At that time, I tried my best to explain it to him whatever I know know!

Today while browsing, I got this audio link wherein Mr. Ajay Shah(one of my favorite blogger, whose blog I daily track) has given an interview to mint.

In that he has explained beautifully

1. how & why US $ is appreciating with respect to Indian Rs.

2. The role of the RBI in controlling the FOREX RATES.

3. Strengths of US & its economy with respect to Euro Zone, Japan & UK.

4. Implications of Rs. appreciation & depreciation.

5. Relation between Interest rates & their parity(Indian & US), capital flows, risk perception (VIX), global credit condition & Indian economy.

Here is the link for that audio...

http://www.livemint.com/2008/11/26184742/Just-to-Clarify-Episode-3.html

No comments: