Saturday, August 15, 2009

Back In Bangalore!

Hi guys, I am back to Bangalore from week long training sessions in Bombay (or Mumbai). There were lot of things in this training happened to me in first time ever in my life like traveling by air, Bombay City, Mumbai's humidity, ICICI Securities/Direct HQ experience, Mumbai local train experience, fear H1N1 (or swine flu) in Mumbai, a five star hotel kind of guest house treatment from the company side & many more.

I will start with the beginning; traveeling by air. Our flight from Bangalore to Mumbai was scheduled to departure at Tuesday, 08:35 hours from Bnagalore international airports. And this confirmation we got on Monday, around 7 PM from our respective regional office managers. I reached to Airport along with one of my colleague as his uncle dropped him & me. Due to some technical problems we were last people to board the plane or put it in other words; plane was waiting for us, haha... Jokes apart I was more excited to reach the plane & see the terminals, plane connectors, inside view of the plane & etc. We tralled by Air India, where got a Motherly Treatment from the flight cruise. As people who travel frequently through flights may be aware that there will slight excitement while taking off & landing. It took one & half hours to reach the Mumbai domestic airport where in-between flight cruise served us some refreshments.

After reaching Mumbai, we directly reached to ICICI HQ as training was supposed to start from day one itself & started also. It was in MIDC, Akruti Centre, Andheri East. For training explaination I dont go deep, as I dont want you people get bored, but I would like mention which all topics we covered:

About ATS (Active Traders Serveice) which I am the part as Equity Advisor,
Their research products,
Compliances,
Technical Analysis in Brief,
RMS (Risk Management Service),
Live trading session,
Online portal demo,
Pre & Post open of accounts formalities,
Meeting some heads & etc.

This training was great learning experience for freshers as we learnt & unlerant lot of the things which otherwise we will not find in books.

Now I will not drill you guys head by more explanation on training. After the training we went our guest houses which gave us a very good service, as I mentioned above, 5 star kind of.

On first day itself I experienced the Mumabi's Jaan, that is local trains, when I went meet one my engineering friend. I would say whoever survives in Mumbai, he can survive anywhere in the world. Local trains have got an importance more than anything else in Mumbai, I can if local trains stops then Mumbai will be standstill. And hats off to the management of local trains for efficient & consistent service.

Next day, after the training session, that is 6 PM, we saw some the major tourist points in Mumbai like Gateway of India (with full security), The Taj, Nariman Point, The Trident, Marine Drive, Choupati, Haaji Ali Mosque (Has a almost half a kilometer passage/brigde in sea to reach the mosque which is in sea). And after that, on Thursday I saw Juhu Beach, Amitabh's house, again one more choupati there. And yesterday we saw the Bandra-Worli connecting bridge which opened recently for public. A very good architecture & seanory. And I saw some of the Mumbai team cricketers like Ajit Agarkar, Rohit Sharma, Wasim Jaffar, Ramesh Powar & etc in Airport while coming from there to bangalore.

Coming flight was comparatively well equipped all the LCDs, more comfortable seats & better service. And we reached Bangalore yesterday evening 7.30 PM.

Last but not the least:

Happy Independence Day Guys...

2 comments:

Aravind Gogineni said...

Congratulations yaaar...You are really enjoying the benefits of that daring decision...ALL THE BEST

Unknown said...

Mumbai is truely a great place...I have been to there for once during a fest(IIPM)..i experienced in the same way u did...this article reminded me everything of the journey......

I would be very happy if u post on the technical analysis..precisely on the candle stick analysis and the prediction on the same.....


regards
priyabrata mishra(IBA,Bangalore)